With just 5 minutes of prep and a quick cooking time, you can make perfectly Roasted Zucchini for an easy side dish for family dinner or even lunch. Bonus: The veggies are soft enough for babies and younger toddlers to enjoy as a finger food too!
While zucchini is typically thought of as a summer veggie—and rightfully so as that’s when we tend to have those baseball bat-sized ones from the garden!—it’s also a wonderful side dish to serve up for any family dinner all year long. Plus, it cooks so quickly!
This Roasted Zucchini cooks in about 10 minutes and even gets a little sweet as it roasts. You can serve it as is or topped with a little Parmesan cheese—it’s easy and delish.
How to Cut Zucchini
Here’s a really easy method to cut zucchini for this recipe.
- Cut the ends off of each zucchini.
- Slice each in half lengthwise.
- Slice each half in half to make four long spears.
- Cut across horizontally to make a small dice.
TIP: You can also cut your zucchini into rounds for this recipe, though I find that they are a little less likely to stick to the pan when in the shape described above and shown below.
Here’s a summary of the steps involved in making this easy zucchini. Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the full information.
TIP: You can season to taste with salt and grated Parmesan, or even shredded cheese if desired. I like to make it without salt to start so that I can remove some for younger eaters who don’t need much added salt in their diets.
Best Tips for Success
I’d love to hear your feedback on this recipe if you try it, so please comment below to share!
This post was first published July 2020.
Easy Roasted Zucchini (to Share with the Kids!)
Try this easy side dish for family dinner, or make a batch ahead and use it to add an easy veggie to lunches throughout the week.
- 4 cups diced zucchini (from about 2 medium or 3 small; if you have more just increase the olive oil a little)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Cut the ends off of each zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half lengthwise again. Cut across the long pieces to make a small dice.
Place diced zucchini onto the sheet pan and toss with olive oil.
Roast for about 10 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
Remove from oven and salt to taste as desired.
- Serve leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can serve this warm or pack in a lunch to be eaten chilled or at room temperature.
- You can add these to an adult salad.
- This is a great addition to my Chicken and Sweet Potato Bowls.
- Add a handful of unsalted leftovers to a smoothie to add nutrition.
Calories: 52kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 10mgPotassium: 324mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 248IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg