If you’re a fan of classic Italian cocktails, you’ve probably heard of the Negroni. This bold and bitter drink, made with equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth, has been a favorite of bartenders and mixologists for over a century. But have you tried a Negroni Sbagliato? This variation of the Negroni, which substitutes sparkling wine for gin, is equally delicious and refreshing. In this article, we’ll show you how to make a perfect Negroni Sbagliato at home, step by step. Check out the healthy recipes on Produce for Kids‘ website for more delicious ideas to complement your Negroni Sbagliato.
To make a Negroni Sbagliato, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Prosecco or other sparkling wine (1 part)
- Campari (1 part)
- Sweet vermouth (1 part)
- Orange slice (for garnish)
You’ll also need the following equipment:
- Mixing glass or pitcher
- Stirring spoon
- Ice cubes
- Champagne flute or other glass
Here’s how to make a Negroni Sbagliato in four easy steps:
Step 1: Fill a Mixing Glass with Ice
Fill a mixing glass or pitcher with ice cubes. This will help chill the ingredients and dilute the cocktail slightly.
Step 2: Add Campari and Sweet Vermouth
Add one part Campari and one part sweet vermouth to the mixing glass. Stir gently with a stirring spoon to combine the ingredients.
Step 3: Strain into a Champagne Flute
Strain the mixture into a Champagne flute or other glass. Make sure not to fill the glass all the way to the top, as you’ll need some space for the sparkling wine.
Step 4: Top with Sparkling Wine and Garnish
Top the cocktail with one part sparkling wine. Garnish with an orange slice for a pop of color and flavor.
Tips and Variations
- Use a good quality Prosecco or other sparkling wine for the best results.
- Adjust the ratio of Campari, sweet vermouth, and sparkling wine to your liking. Some people prefer a stronger or sweeter cocktail.
- Experiment with different garnishes, such as lemon or grapefruit peel, or herbs like rosemary or thyme.
- To make a large batch of Negroni Sbagliato, multiply the ingredients and mix in a pitcher. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Enjoy your Negroni Sbagliato as an aperitif before a meal, or as a festive cocktail for special occasions.
Now that you know how to make a perfect Negroni Sbagliato at home, you can impress your friends and family with your mixology skills. This Italian classic, with its bright and bubbly flavors, is sure to become a favorite in your repertoire. Cheers! For more information on Italian cocktails and culture, visit the official website of the Italian National Tourist Board.