Looking for some homemade Christmas ornaments for kids to make? Here you go!
You’ve come to the right place. I’m swimming in homemade Christmas ornaments for kids – ones that toddlers and preschoolers can actually help make and that family members are sure to cherish.
Not all ornament ideas are kid-friendly!
It kind of drives me bonkers how some ornaments have almost no-sign of kid participation.
Some are just too complicated or there is no way they’ll come out even close to what you were going for (hashtag Pinterest fail). I want ornaments that ARE kid made. I want the memories – even if the memories aren’t perfection.
So I went searching for super easy, super adorable Christmas ornaments that are actually doable with toddlers and preschoolers – and that’ll turn out looking oh-so-cute.
You will love these homemade Christmas ornaments for kids!
I’ve put myself in a little pickle setting a yearly ornaments tradition with the grandparents. I needed good material for all future Christmases so I went to the best place I know for help: my friends.
Good news, they have amazing ideas that are perfect for little kids at Christmastime. I split this list into three categories:
- Easy Christmas “Dough” Ornaments
- Popsicle Stick-Based Ornaments
- Other Fun Ornament Ideas
Get ready to click through to some amazing blogs full of kid-friendly ornament ideas.
Please note: Many of these blog posts were written before biodegradable glitter or the environmental impact of glitter was readily known. Please check out biodegradable glitter as a more eco-friendly option.
Easy Christmas “Dough” Ornaments
These ornaments use various types of dough: from cinnamon to baking soda, salt dough and clay. There are a lot of options here.
1. Cinnamon Dough Christmas Ornaments – Busy Toddler
2. Fingerprint Heart Ornament – Mama Papa Bubba
3. Salt Dough Ornament Recipe – The Best Ideas for Kids
4. Baking Soda Clay Handprint Ornament – Mama Papa Bubba
5. Salt Dough and Melted Beads Ornament – Where Imagination Grow
6. Cranberry Play Dough Ornaments – Natural Beach Living
7. Christmas Tree Salt Dough Ornaments – Mommy’s Bundle
8. Salad Spinner Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments – Emma’s Owl
1. Clay Baby Handprint Ornament – Messy Little Monster
2. Baking Soda Reindeer Ornament – Mama Papa Bubba
3. Santa Hand Print Ornaments – Messy Little Monster
4. Snowman Keepsake (Salt Dough) – Learning and Exploring Through Play
Popsicle Stick-Based Ornaments
1. Sparkly Star Craft for Toddlers – Toddler Approved
2. Craft Stick Christmas Tree Photo Ornament – Hello Wonderful
3. Snowflake Ornament Inspired by Frozen – Mommy’s Bundle
4. Pom Pom Christmas Tree Ornament – The Joy Sharing
5. Popsicle Snowflake Ornaments – The Best Ideas for Kids
6. Paper Straw Ornaments – The Soccer Mom Blog
7. Craft Stick Reindeer Ornaments – Fireflies and Mudpies
8. Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree Ornaments – Red Ted Art
Other Fun Christmas Ornament Ideas
1. Handprint Snowmen Christmas Ornaments – Simple Fun for Kids
2. Perler Bead Ornaments – Mama in the Now
3. Egg Carton Bell Christmas Craft – Fantastic Fun and Learning
4. Christmas Wreath Ornaments – Play Teach Repeat
5. White Pipe Cleaner Trees – Artsy Crafty Mom
6. Pine Cone Christmas Tree Craft – Hello Wonderful
7. DIY Snow Globe Ornament – The Best Ideas for Kids
8. Easy Christmas Ornament for Toddlers – My Bored Toddler
1. Tin Foil Process Art Christmas Ornaments – Fantastic Fun and Learning
2. Heart Shaped Easy Christmas Ornaments for Kids – Crafts on Sea
3. Beaded Snowflake Ornament – No Time for Flashcards
4. Marble Painting Candy Cane Ornaments – Play Teach Repeat
5. Beaded Candy Cane Ornament (with name) – Fun-a-Day
6. Paper Christmas Ornament Craft – A Little Pinch of Perfect